4500 Pot Plants Found After Redding House Fire

Crews responding to an electrical fire at a Redding home uncovered a cannabis grow, according to Redding Fire Department. Firefighters were called to a structure fire Monday afternoon on Douglas Lane. The first engine crew reported heavy smoke showing from the single family residence. The fire was contained in about 20 minutes, but fire caused major damage to the attic and roof. Investigators say the fire was sparked by faulty electrical wiring and the home was being used as a cannabis grow. Over 4500 plants were found inside. Code enforcement was called to the scene. No injuries were reported.

There is no custom code to display.